Friday, March 31, 2006

Get what I say?

I found this idea very interesting when I was discussing with a colleague in office. Search for words in a video/audio. A difficult thing to do....a challenge! Made my eyes glitter. I was more than sure that this wont be there in the world yet.
BUT....
With the downpour of research in videos and images (segmenting objects , making sense out of a picture or a movie), this only seemed to be a natural extension. Maybe I came to think about all this late...moving behind technology,huh?
Anyways, so we googled for it and as we all know google digs down enough (like finding the heart of the ocean from titanic), we got this as out first hit(the Internet’s first spoken-word search engine for Podcasts). Interesting...!
Ask them - How does the technology work?
They'd say - Well, we could tell you, but then we’d have to… Um, magic.
Its an year now since this is available, after this silence I am sure they would come up with something even more mind blowing.
The podscope firefox plugin is available here . Podcast411 was the first to incorporate it in their site.

2 Comments:

At 5:04 AM, Blogger ferret said...

talk about being late, rishi n i were just talking abt this today afternoon, something that we also thought would be a completely fresh idea. and i read ur blog now, which again reinforces my belief that everything that had to be invented has already been invented, i can only discover them :(

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Nishant said...

kool!
I got some of the stuff you talked about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home